Tuesday, November 30, 2010

More Vienna and Salzburg

While in Salzburg, we rode a tram up to this really cool castle/fortress that looked over the whole city. It was beautiful. I would love to go back to Salzburg in the summer and do the Sound of Music tour, which by the way I was there for the 50th anniversary of the Sound of Music! However, the Europeans think it's stupid that Americans and Australians come to Austria because of the movie. I was chatting with an Austrian and had to tell a white lie and say that the Sound of Music had no influence on my decision to visit Salzburg...

Overall, my trip to Austria was amazing. The markets were wonderful and the city was always glowing with millions of Christmas lights and radiating Christmas spirit! It really made me excited to go home for Christmas and celebrate. I bet you can see why...

One of the main markets in Vienna.





A view of Salzburg from the fortress





1 comment:

  1. Jenny

    The pictures you took of the ornaments could be in a book!!

    ReplyDelete