Monday, November 15, 2010

ROMA

I just spent the past weekend in a wonderful city...Rome! I went on a trip with the school to Rome and we returned to Florence last night around six. I am still totally exhausted from the weekend. I think I walked more than I have in my entire life! Not to mention the stairs... so. many. stairs. I didn't realize that there is so much to do and see in Rome and it is all very spread out, unlike Florence which is much more condensed. I loved spending time in Rome, although it did make me appreciate Florence's charm and magic. Rome is much larger and much more Urban. It's like a big city with ancient Roman monuments thrown in, while Florence is simply a time warp into the Renaissance, with barely any modern structure or detail that doesn't blend into the beautiful cobblestone roads or authentic Florentine architecture. Nonetheless, I had a great time this weekend and saw some amazing things such as... 
the Trevi Fountain, 
Pantheon,
 Roman Forum,
 Colosseum,
 Villa Borghese,
 St. Angelo's Castle, 
the Vatican Museum, 
St. Peter's Basilica,
 Sistine Chapel,
 St. Aloysious Gonzaga's tomb,
 the Jesuit House of Rome, 
Jesuit Church of Rome,
the Pope's weekly blessing in St. Peter's Square
and a million other things that are probably blurred together with my chaotic weekend!
Here are some photos of my experience in Rome, I hope the pictures can say it all because as exhausting as the trip was, writing about each and everything might actually kill me. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment